Shifting to Natural Gas
- SIMMTECH GRAPHICS Co., Ltd. has been actively working at CO2 reduction and has undertaken an initiative to shift to natural gas fuel since April 2005, which has a CO2 emission coefficient that is lower than that of fossil fuel oil. The company changed all boiler fuel to natural gas in October 2006.
CO2 Reduction Effect of Fuel Change
- Actual result in fiscal 2007: 647.4 tons CO2/year was reduced.
- CO2 emitted from fossil fuels was reduced by 5.9% compared to the previous year (10,900 tons) at the Main Factory.
- Hazardous substances (NOx and SOx) were greatly reduced.
- Boiler efficiency increased by 2% because no soot adheres to boiler cans and gas ducts.
- No corrosion of equipment installed on rooftops occurs because no SOx is emitted.
- No environmental contamination by leakage occurs.
Reuse and Recycling
- More than 90% of reuse and recycling of waste materials was achieved by conducting segregated collection of 43 kinds of waste materials.